With the limited size restrictions on carry-on luggage these days, packing can be a bit tricky—especially when you’re trying to coordinate the whole family. Here are a few tips on how to pack, what to bring, and most importantly, how to fit it all in.
Top 10 packing tips to make traveling a little less stressful:
- Roll instead of fold. Tightly rolled clothes take up less space and are less likely to wrinkle than folded clothes. Place them on the bottom of your carry-on.
- To protect finer fabrics, place acid-free tissue paper on top before rolling.
- Clothes that are too delicate to roll can be folded and placed right on top of your rolled clothes. To maintain the shape of sweaters, line the back of each with a few sheets of tissue paper before folding.
- Then, take longer items, such as pants and skirts, and drape to fill the full length of the bag.
- Smaller items, like belts and socks, can be lined around the edges of your clothes wherever you see space.
- Place your jewelry into your socks, and then tuck them inside your shoes. Make sure to wear your bulkiest shoes to leave room for an extra pair of cute sandals or flats.
- A great way to find your pierced earrings—pierce them through one of your socks. Roll your sock so that the earrings are on the inside.
- Put your shoes in grocery bags to prevent your clothes from getting dirty, and line them around the edges with the soles facing outward. Or place them on top with the opposite ends of the shoes together (the way they come in a box).
- Throw odds and ends into a clear plastic envelope to make it easy to find what you need.
- Place plastic dry-cleaning bags over every other item in your hanging bag to prevent fabrics from forming hard creases and wrinkles. Later in the trip, knot the bottom of one of the bags, and you have instant storage for dirty clothes.
PorticoSM, the experts in awesome vacations, have joined forces with Kidville to make going to fun places with the whole family better than being invisible or riding a dinosaur. Together, we bring you Kid-Cations! The best ever, all-under-one-roof luxury travel experiences for kids and the grown-ups in their lives. With private luxury residences in 65 of the world’s most sought-after destinations, there are options for every type of vacation, from weekend getaways to epic adventures.
Image Source:// Luggage