Why write for us?
Writing can be an extremely rewarding experience. Let Voices From The Ville be your way of expressing yourself to a community of parents eager to learn from each other. Our national list of moms grows organically every day as more and more people come through the global doors of Kidville, join us through social media and learn about us through “word of moms”. Thousands of peers will see your work published in a credible and respected forum, and many will visit the links you include in your author bio. Perhaps most importantly, you will be welcomed onto an incredible team of people who are passionate about all things parenting and eager to share their Voice!
To submit an article, please adhere to the following guidelines.
What We're Looking For
Imagine Voices From The Ville as an online community where families come to make their lives richer and more rewarding through fresh and relevant content, information, and products. It is a place for families to learn about new products, fitness ideas, fashion styles, yummy recipes, mothering techniques, family travel and any other information, tips, and news a family might find useful. If your article can do that, we want to read it.
Your article should:
- Offer a clear argument, position, idea, or recommendation. Don’t be vague.
- Have a strong voice. We want bold pieces with emotion and flare.
- Pictures speak a thousand words. We love a great photo(s). If you do choose to include photos, they should be awesome, like your writing.
- Remember that our core audience is young moms. If your piece focuses on one angle—nutrition, relationship struggles, etc. — consider what people from broader fields can learn from it, and how you might include those readers as well.
- We are looking for posts between 150 to 500 words (though longer or shorter isn’t out of the question).
- Be fact-checked, with citations if needed.
- At Voices From The Ville, being mom-centric is mandatory, being a mom is not. We want submissions from dads, grandmas, even kids if they have a clear and cohesive voice and relevant content!
What We're Not Looking For
There are thousands and thousands of Mommy blogs, we want ours to be among the best. We do not publish:
- Product pitches or press releases.
- Extensions to articles we’ve published, unless they add significant new value.
- Anything that has been published elsewhere, including your own blog.
Submit an Article
- Search Voices From The Ville to see if your topic has been covered already.
- If not, indicate in the subject line of your email in what section your piece would run: Pregnancy, Wellness, Parenting, Food, Lifestyle, Projects, Fashion, or Education.
- Include a link to your blog so that we may read other things you have written (if you have one). If this is your first time looking to be published, that’s great!
- Give us your example subject line: Article for Mom: How to part from postpartum.
- Please take one or two sentences to tell us about the topic, your angle, and why you think it is compelling enough to publish. Please be brief in your pitch (several sentences at most).
- Attach your full article right to this email.
- Please attach two pictures (or more) for us to choose from that are owned by you, on topic, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Write a short 2-3 sentence bio about yourself and attach it as well.
- Lastly, attach a square headshot or picture that that you are happy with.
We are unable to accept articles that have been published elsewhere, including on personal blogs.
Submit all this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We get many submissions every day. We try to read them all and we try our best to reply to each and every one of you, though it may take some time!